While I was updating my USD charts, suddenly the world's greatest legendary trader/speculator Jesse Livermore came to my mind. He is indeed a reminder to all of us.
Go for longer term. Trade less (on shorter term) but to trade more accurately from intermediate term-longer term.
Jesse was a trader, but he knew the value of staying with positions and sometimes not trading at all. Once he began to follow tips from others or trade when he should have abstained, all of his progress had come undone, and with it, his sanity.
We are fortunate to be able to learn from his mistakes and to sidestep the errors
Here are nine surprising things Livermore said regarding excessive trading:
1. "Money is made by sitting, not trading."
2. "It takes time to make money."
3. "It was never my thinking that made the big money for me; it always was sitting."
4. "Nobody can catch all the fluctuations."
5. "The desire for constant action irrespective of underlying conditions is responsible for many losses in Wall Street even among the professionals, who feel that they must take home some money every day, as though they were working for regular wages."
6. "Buy right, sit tight."
7. "Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon."
8. "Don't give me timing; give me time."
and finally, the most important thing:
9. "There is a time for all things, but I didn't know it. And that is precisely what beats so many men in Wall Street who are very far from being in the main sucker class. There is the plain fool, who does the wrong thing at all times everywhere, but there is the Wall Street fool, who thinks he must trade all the time. Not many can always have adequate reasons for buying and selling stocks daily — or sufficient knowledge to make his play an intelligent play."
Can we apply the above rules to the bullish USD that we are Long for a while already? - I have been sitting on it since the first 2 entries from 93-94.00? Let’s See how much can we make if we use the above rules.
I will apply more of the above 9 rules ALSO when Gold, Silver, enters the new 8 years Bull Cycle and SPX enter the last phase of the big rally till 2017 (waiting for major low to set sometimes in March 2016 )
Click the chart below (if not opened, use copy and paste)
USD Bullish Charts
Daily Chart: Bullish
Weekly Charts: Bullishness not fully confirmed but soon, pretty soon